Friday, July 25, 2008

I See France!



We arrived in Paris on time after a short but turbulent flight full of French teenagers who had a problem keeping quiet. ( fermé la bouche!) We discovered that the Parisians aren't rude,but they do move at a fast pace when it comes to catching the metro, if you don't move out of the way, you might get hurt. We had no problem traveling all the way from the airport to the 10th arrondisment, a half an hour ride on the metro. What proved itself to be very difficult was finding our apartment on the busy, Boulevard de Magenta. After realizing that we both looked like typical, American tourists, gawking around, avoiding getting hit by cyclists (apparently the bycicles painted on the ground indicate that the lane is for bicycles ONLY)Finally, I had to take over, Cynthia, was of no use, she just stood there complaining, and looked around. I had to do what I had to do. I asked Cynthia to ask someone for directions. It turned out that in Paris, there are two sets of numbers, one set is labeled "BIS" for businessesand another set for residences. We were standing right in front of the door to our beautiful apartment.Once inside, Phillipe, the owner, who kind of resembles one of the members of ZZ Top, is a very nice French man. He brought in our baggage, gave us a tour, he even bought us a very nice and generous welcome gift;a French book on natural disasters, and a bottle of red wine. ( maybe these go hand in hand) The only drawback is that the internet is down and will not be up for at least three days... and thus the hunt for an internet cafe will begin. After unpacking, we went dowstairs and bought our groceries for the week and spent only 40 euro. Cynthia prepared a yummy dinner, that we ate at our dinner table with a view of the typically-Parisian architerure just across the way from us. So, to conclude,please, be patient and keep checking the blog for entries and pictures.

10 comments:

marynoelia said...

Wow! That was quick…an update…again, still can’t see your pics! Remember to take a deep breath when feeling overwhelmed, after all your “lost” in one of the most wonderful places in the world! But most disturbing is that I cannot wait 3 days for my favorite “novela” to continue! All things aside, I’m glad you’re “home” and I wish you lots of adventures. Take good care and be aware and please have some vanilla ice cream for me… Pox, did you ever imagine you’d see what you’ve seen so far? Enjoy every minute of it!

Anonymous said...

Félicitations! Vous êtes arrivé à la Ville-lumière et je suis très envieux! It's too bad about the internet... make sure to keep us posted, but, first and foremost, make sure to enjoy yourselves. And, just a friendly reminder: NIKE OF SAMOTHRACE NIKE OF SAMOTHRACE NIKE OF SAMOTHRACE... ok, I think you get the idea. Have fun... I mean, amusez!

maria s. said...

I am happy you guys are having fun. Keep us post it so we can at least think we are there. Ya que unos no tienen la suerte de viajar. Les deceo lo mejor en su viaje y disfrutenlo a lo maximo. Se les extrana

Khristal Santoro said...

Did you say a book of "natural disasters" OMG what was he thinking that nice zz top kind of French guy? Well I hope you laughed as hard as I did. Wishing you many more laughs, enjoy. I'm so extremely jealous!!!

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to know that you two made it sound and safe. You should try Camembert Baguette at the foot of the Eiffle Tower (Tiede's recommendation). You can't get any more 'French' than that-LOL! We will definately continue to check your blog and aniticipate the thorough reports. The adventures have just begun-have fun! We miss you two-from our little nest in Glendale...
XOXO
Ralf and Araceli

Anonymous said...

Hello Guys,

I'm glad you're enjoying every part of your trip. Love the pictures. Hope to hear lots of interesting stories when you come back. Until then luv you & miss you guys.

Lulees

Leyva Family said...

We are so glad to see that you guys arrived safely to England (no crying kids(like we had) on the plane,or unlike the wild bunch on your flight to France!). So now you understand Alec's panic when we were on the metro, QUICK get on and get off!! ;-) What an awsome
view you guys have from your apartment, enjoy every minute while you are there, it's most likely not that much, since you are most likely out enjoying the sites. FYI we were told that internet cafes are not advertised as such, they just have the @ sign in the front. Looking forward to hearing more from you ....

karynsmt said...

I am sorry, Pablo, patience is not my virtue!! You must know that reading your blog postings is the highlight of my entire summer. Seeing the two of you in Paris and reading this posting made me smile and laugh as it brightened up my day. Your pictures are just gorgeous. Thank you.

Love you lots,
Karyn

Anonymous said...

OMG...I'm So Jealous...lol I Hope U Guys R Having A GREAT Time...I Want To See Lots Of Pics When U Get Back & We Need To Go Clubbing!! & I Promise My Phone Will Stay In My Pocket @ The Club...lol

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting all the wonderful pictures and updates with us. It's such a joy to read and see how much fun you and Cynthia are having! I hope time really slows down for both of you so you can enjoy every minute of your trip. I hope both of you are having a terrific day!

Luis M.