Sunday, August 17, 2008

Florence Day 13!




Well, what can we say, it was another relaxed day for us. This weekend has been a very sleepy one, not because we've slept a lot; rather, it was sleepy because half of the Florentines were gone on vacation. We did notice that they are coming back. Our grocery store, Conad, was actually open today--yay! We were actually able to buy some more goodies. If you remember, it too had closed for the holiday.

Before that though, we made our way to the San Lorenzo area for some light walking. We walked by the merchant stalls and did some "window" shopping. There are several stalls surrounding the Chiesa San Lorenzo that stretch out the Mercato Centrale, or Central Market. There is so much to see but we try not to stop at any one stall for too long because before you know it, the vender is trying to sell you something. When someone is trying to sell you something, it sort of takes the fun away from just looking at the merchandise. We did stop for a bit at Piazza Mercato Centrale, a nice little plaza by the Central Market that is surrounded by outdoor cafes. We ate some gelato and people watched for a bit. If you remember Florence Day 1, we ended up at the same gelateria (great prices and even better flavors)!



If you're wondering what else we did today, we did laundry too. We'll Pox did. He's getting very good at it too! That's not all, he also made dinner tonight! He made delicious gnocchi (pasta and potato dumplings) with pesto sauce. He knows how to make a girl feel very special and catered to. Wow, I'm a very lucky girl!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey guys, we're driving back from San Diego and I'm reading your adventures to Hailey and Manny.Although we can't see any of the pics on my BB your description transported us there with you.By the way do you think maybe yoy can pick up a pair of those white capris, that are all the rage out there, for Manolo? I'd give anything to see him in a pair! Lisa

maria s. said...

Is been so busy here at work with enrollments that I couldn't leave a comment but pretty sure you don't miss any of that. Many changes but is all good. I am glad that you guys are still having lots of fun. Pablo keep on making her feel special since that is how it should always be. Keep leaving messages and pictures since we all traveling with you guys. Take care!

marynoelia said...

Hey guys,
I was so excited to share our weekend adventures with you guys to reciprocate all of the great pics you have shared with us, but no luck! I got as far as creating slideshow in Picasa, but couldn’t “paste” it onto my blogpage. I also accidentally deleted my original webpage with all of your comments! I’m so mad! So anyway, you’ll just have to wait a few more days to see our pics when you get home. I hope you rest today, since from what you told us about your trip to Rome was SUPERIFIC!!!

Zoe is sitting right next to me and she would like to say “Hi CindyPox, I hope you guys are having fun, I’ll see you guys soon. Bye”.

marynoelia said...

Hi me again!
I bet you guys are mimis after your long adventure in Roma. I can't wait to see what you saw and hear more details about what you experienced. I tried loading on my blog, so you might want to check to see if it worked. Sorry about my previouse post, I was kinda upset, but all better now! Talk to you soon!