Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Last Day in Paris!
Day five, the last full day in the "City of Lights." Our day began with the usual delicious and nutritious breakfast before heading out to the Eiffel Tower, hoping to beat the crowds. We did. We were able to reach the top of the tower within 30 minutes of arrival. We were completely amazed by the view... almost every monument was visible and stood out over the city.
To be that high up was a little nerve-wracking but well worth the trip up. On our way back down, we stopped on the first level to buy postcards for our families. The experience of being on a world-famous structure, was enough to keep us there for lunch. We had our lunch on the tables with a private view of Montparnasse, the tallest building in Paris. After buying a few trinkets, we descended the tower and made our way to the river Seine to take the batobus to Musee d'Orsay. The Musee d'Orsay was stunning, considering that it is a converted train station which now holds an impressive collection of artwork, is quite an achievement. I believe I have
found a new favorite Parisian museum (sorry Louvre). After our light snack of apples and Orangina on the rooftop terrace overlooking the Seine, and the city, we headed over to Notre Dame Cathedral. The Cathedral cannot be missed, and we are lucky to have been able
to walk within its stone walls and stained glass windows. The gargoyles that protect the cathedral are unbelievable, it's no wonder Victor Hugo chose the Notre Dame to house his Hunchback. We decided to be adventurous and climb one of the towers of the cathedral, but lucky for us, and our throbbing feet, it was closed. After being turned away from the tower, we went on a hunt for Pox's jersey,as a souvenir, the prices were steep, and Pox decided to pass. We went for the paintings instead. We bought 3 and got a deal (they will look great in our future home one day...). We decided to stop at Cafe du Notre Dame for sorbet floats that no
longer exist and bought ice cream so that I could use the bathroom. Turns out, you don't get a token untill you pay. That's if your garcon wants to give you one, and only after you get yelled at by one of the kitchen workers of the Cafe. Let me tell you, it felt good not leaving a tip! Too bad we can't go back because the ice-cream was gooooood. After our VIP service, we headed
to the Arc du Triomphe and on our way there, walked along the Champs Elysses. We window shopped and Pox tried to find a bargain but he is currently not looking to buy white linen capris-which apparently, are all the rage in men's fashion in Europe. Now we are
sitting at the apartment with no internet, waiting for our first load of laundry to dry at 11:41pm. I guess we will have to wait to post these entries until we arrive in Cannes. We just hope that the internet is working in our Florence Apartment...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey guys! I’m so hooked on your travels and I’m soooo glad you were able to post. You guys are hilarious and it sounds like your having a blast!…well, except for your little encounter with the garcon at the ice-cream place, so did you make it to “le toilet” Cindy? Hey did you ever make it to the little restaurant in Montmartre Nancy and I told you about?…I know my directions weren’t that great, (go straight to the top, turn left at the alley, go down to the corner turn right and it’s next to the restaurant w/the great Pulbot painting), but hey that’s me! By the way, did you get to take a good picture of the Francisque Pulbot façade painting for me? If not, no biggie, I’ll just have to make the trip again to Montmartre! Of course I’ll have to wait to get home to see the pics you’ve posted, so far I can only read your entries. Please keep them coming, as I’ve said, I’m hooked and I look forward to your stories of your adventures abroad. Are you getting our voice messages? Well, have a great time in Cannes and hope to hear from you soon. Hey Pox, you should’ve gotten the white Capri pants; you would be ahead of the game here in the states! I’m sure you’d be the envy of…okay, who am I kidding, it would’ve been a hoot!
Love you guys!
So, were you two able to pick-up any Frech? I hope you are ready because upon your arrival,to the United States of Mexico,you will be quized. We love, love and love-we L.O.V.E. the pictures. They are definately superior. Ok, we thought of making shirts that read...Poxcindyblogspot.com-we are addicts. But here is our dilemma, what is the history behind Poxy? Can the information be disclosed or is it strictly and highly classified? LOL:)
Thank you two for allowing us to be part of your trip; it is so unselfish.
We miss you a lot,
Ralf and Araceli
Love your picturess, Julio loved the picture of the clock and the lamps at the orangerie. We are glad to hear that you get rain at night and not in the daytime. Thanks for sharing your trip with us, we are reliving our recent experience.
Hey guys everyday I tried to see your blog is so interested. I am so jealous but glad that you are having a terrific time. I am pretty sure you don't miss work right pablucho! Well keep on the adventure and we miss you guys.
WOW!!...so far it sounds like an amazing adventure. Love your pics.
keep having a great time.
miss you.
Cindy, I can't believe the pictures that I have seen so far, they are so BEAUTIFUL!!!!! It seems like both of you are having such a good time. Im really happy that God has blessed you with this trip, this is an opportunity of a lifetime! I just have one question, what or who is a Pox? Is Pox Pablo? This is my first time on this, so Im not familiar with the lingo... LOL... and about the rain at night, isn't the rain making your night's romantic? Just reading your postings takes my breath away! I will keep checking your pic's and postings, keep up the good work Pablo, I like the way you express yourself in your writing. Although I have not met you (yet), you must be funny like Cindy. Keep running the streets and PLEASE eat the sweetest pastries on my behalf. Take care you guys and be safe!! Make sure you guys hit the clubs out there on the other side of the world!!
Oh yes one more thing I forgot to give you my add.
7485 Lemon St
Fontana, CA 92336
I do not know how good of an idea it is to post my add. on here :-0, Cindy I texted you my add. but Im not sure if you got it on time.
Post a Comment